Tire Protection Plan
How it works:
- The Tire Protection Plan (TPP) is dealer funded – Dealers set their own price for the TPP, keep funds generated from the sale of the TPP and are responsible for any claims against the TPP. Dealers pay a small monthly administration fee to ATD that is based on their ServiceBAY level.
- The Tire Protection Plan can be sold on any tire a dealer sells to a retail customer at their place of business, including tires not purchased through ATD. The TPP cannot be sold to wholesale, third party or internet sales.
- When a customer is within a 25 mile radius of the original servicing location, they must return their vehicle and damaged tire(s) to that location for warranty service. Warranty services performed for customers within the 25 mile radius are done at the dealer's expense.
- When a customer is more than 25 miles from the original servicing location, they can call the Protection Plus toll-free number and are referred to participating locations for warranty service. ABS will always refer traveling consumers to Protection Plus locations first, whenever possible. If there are no participating locations in the customer's area, the customer may take their vehicle to a non-participating repair facility.
- Warranty services performed outside the 25 mile radius are not billed back to the original dealer.
- For more information about the Tire Protection Plan, call your local ATD distribution center or fill out the information request form and an ATD representative will contact you.
- Learn how to sell the Tire Protection Plan on 75% of your tire sales
- Selling the Tire Protection Plan
Tire Protection Plan (TPP) Profit Calculator
How are you going to handle this couple when they come back with their "blown out" tire?
The Tire Protection Plan allows you to satisfy customers like this and gives you additional income. Simply answer the questions below to determine how much additional income you can earn or you may want to answer the questions to see how little you can sell a Tire Protection Plan for to cover the costs of satisfying your customer's road hazards.